People don’t do this enough. An parents this is aimed mainly at you. When you’ve had a hard day at work people tend to just carry on maybe just watch TV. Even though you enjoy it, it doesn’t mean that its releasing all that built up stress, you are simply just forgetting about it.
Now this is the important factor. If you do a little bit of research you will find that different essential oils will give you different benefits. Lucky enough for you I’m going to name you the ones that are perfect fort stress relief and relaxation:
1. Rose: the queen of oils to help with all stress issues
2. Frankincense: relaxing and aromatic
3. Lavender: soothing; builds solidarity and strength
4. Bergamot: calming; relieves mild anxiety
5. Marjoram: provides relief from emotional pain and grief
6. Vetiver: restores a sense of absolute grounding and cools those hot emotions
7. Chamomile: calming, soothing, medicinal
8. Lemon: gentle and refreshing
9. Geranium: cheery; helps to improve downward spiraling moods
Don’t watch programmes in the bat. This is supposed to be the time you really relax. Dim the lights and bask in the silence. You could take the time to read if that’s what you enjoy but whatever it is ensure that the room remains silent. Even put a sign on the door so people know not to disturb your precious bath time. This is important for your relaxation.
If you don’t like complete silence then try and find a relaxation playlist that you could play in the background. That way you’re not in silence but the sound in the room is designed to relax and isn’t disturbing at all. It doesn’t have to be spa music either. As long as it’s slow and relaxing. Musicians such as Ed Sheeran does the trick for me when I’m relaxing in the bath. However I do tend to do it completely in silence.
There is no point in doing this once every couple of months. Try and make this a regular thing. Maybe every Sunday night etc. Or if you have a busy schedule then at the very least make sure you are having a regular relaxing bath once every fortnight. Some people don’t need this but people who tend to get cranky and stressed often will really benefit from all of these tips.